Award-winning One Off Hospitality Group recently launched a nationwide meal kit delivery program during the pandemic called One Off At Home, delivering their beloved and iconic Chicago dishes to doorsteps across the country.
Now, executive chef/partner Paul Kahan is launching a Culinary Greats Series through One Off at Home, calling upon some of the most highly acclaimed names in the industry who have inspired him throughout the years to collaborate. The series will feature iconic menus from five chefs across the country, available exclusively through the One Off at Home national delivery service for only three weeks each.
“These chefs are absolute masters in their crafts and have all inspired me personally in various ways,” says Kahan. “It’s always been a highlight to travel to new cities and experience their incredible restaurants, so it’s an exciting opportunity to collaborate with them and share their iconic cuisines and flavors with fans nationwide while travel is still limited.”
The Culinary Greats Series schedule and line-up of chefs includes the following dates:
- March 2-21: Michael Symon, Food Network star, James Beard Award winner, cookbook author and chef-owner of Angeline, Bar Symon and Mabel’s BBQ
- March 22 to April 11: Aarón Sánchez, chef/owner of Johnny Sánchez in New Orleans, founder of the Aarón Sánchez Scholarship Fund, judge on FOX’s MasterChef and MasterChef Junior, James Beard Award winner and three-time author
- April 12 to May 2: Jonathan Waxman, chef/owner of Barbuto and Jams in New York City, Adele’s in Nashville and Baffi in Atlanta, three-time cookbook author and James Beard Award winner
- May 3-23: Nina Compton, chef/owner of Compère Lapinin and Bywater American Bistro in New Orleans, James Beard Award winner and Top Chef finalist
- May 24 to June 13: Chris Cosentino, chef/co-owner of Delicious MFG & CO — including Jackrabbit in Portland, Acacia House in Napa Valley and Rosalie in Houston — as well as cookbook author and winner of Top Chef Masters
The series will kick off with Chef Michael Symon’s menu, available from March 2 to 21. The multi-course menu features classic dishes from Symon’s award-winning restaurant in Atlantic City, Angeline, an ode to classic Italian food. The meal kit includes dinner for four, featuring: Angeline’s Antipasta, a delicious combination of fresh mozzarella with sweet and spicy roasted peppers; Rosemary Focaccia bread; Mom’s Meatballs with Pomodoro; and Michael’s Sunday Sauce with fresh rigatoni.
Proceeds from each Culinary Greats meal kit will go to a charity of the collaborating chef’s choice. Additionally, each One Off at Home kit includes free shipping across the US and is hand-packed within insulated liners and ice packs to ensure all items arrive fresh and cool. More details about the specific menus from the following chefs to come.
“One Off at Home is a concept that we’ve been thinking of starting for years and intend to continue on with well beyond the pandemic,” remarks Karen Browne, chief executive officer of One Off Hospitality. “There has been a pivotal shift in the way our guests can experience dining. Even as our restaurants come back to full operations, we intend to meet our guests wherever they want to experience our food — be it within our four walls or within the comfort of their homes.”
Chicago’s One Off Hospitality Group, including Publican Quality Bread and James Beard Award winning baker Greg Wade, has acted as a trailblazer within Chicago’s iconic dining community for over two decades, bringing true hospitality and award-winning cuisine to the city’s most beloved neighborhoods. In 2020, the nine-time James Beard Award-winning restaurant group launched One Off at Home, a national delivery and meal kit service that ships their iconic dishes to doorsteps across the country, expanding their footprint beyond the Windy City and making those exclusive dishes more accessible. For current offerings and dishes available, see oneoffathome.com.